Steering Committee | AIS | Pipeline | Drinking Water | Land & Water Conservation
The Steering Committee of the Alliance is made up of the conveners/leaders of each Work Group and is open to anyone interested in helping us engage with others. Each Work Group creates its own 1-3 Year Goals Document and sets their meeting agendas/calendar.
The Steering Committee has 4 Main Goals:
1. Set Long and Short Term Goals for the Alliance as a whole
2. Identify Communication & Outreach Strategies
3. Assess Issues of Concern
4. Support Work Groups
As of our Fall 2015 Meetings the Steering Committee
Identified 5 Key Short/Long Term Goals:
1. Create a logo, stationery, website information
2. Identify leaders and convene Work Groups early 2016
3. Recruit new membership
4. Ongoing involvement with partner organizations
5. Create sample action letters and newsletter stories for Work Groups & members
Meeting times: Our goal is to meet on a monthly basis. Most meetings are held in the offices of the Leech Lake Area Watershed Foundation in Hackensack, MN.
Conveners: Mary Ackerman, Founder of the Alliance, and Lindsey Ketchel, Executive Director of the Leech Lake Area Watershed Foundation
Sign Up to be Involved: Become a member of the Northern Water Alliance and let us know your interest in the Steering Committee. Members will receive notices of meetings and receive minutes.